Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tassel Tie Back Embrace

Hi All,

I am making up some Triple Pleat curtains for a client. The curtains have 4 widths in each one (so 8 in total) and she wants them to be dressed over the window a fair way and then pulled back up into the tie backs. Does anyone know what the calculation for the tieback embrace needs to be to get this look?
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: Tassel Tie Back Embrace

Hi Karen

For 4 to 5 widths its usually around 90 to 110cms, but thats standard,depending on lined or interlined. I think if its covering quite a lot of glass you would need to hang them first and then measure, because it would be hard to judge.Is there any where to hang them in your workroom? Sorry cant be more precise.

Regards
    Irene

Comment

Hi Karen

Just read your post again, thought it was made tiebacks you were doing... So no its tassel sorry. Any way looked in my trim books and the biggest I have is 100cm you could need smaller, think it all depends how far you want them pulled back,fabric thickness etc and how tight, so you would still need to measure.

Regards
      Irene

Comment

I agree with Irene - I have a note that 4-4.5 widths lined is around 90cm and interlined is 100cm. You may want them a bit bigger if the client wants the curtains to be fairly open at the top and draped back.
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

You can lengthen tassel tie backs by using two hooks on the wall (one for each end) so one is set in behind the curtain and the other is level with the outside edge. I once made a pair of tie-backs for a 9 width pair. I had to make my own pattern as I did not have one big enough. The finished item was in my opinion ugly, and had to be big to embrace the curtain. I will avoid in the future. Plaited ones might look nice.

Sue.

Comment

This is a very good idea. I would never have thought of that.

Comment

Working...
            X