Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton Bump 410gms Allergy!

Hi everyone

Can anyone help? I have noticed over the years how I have become more allergic to the heavyweight cotton bump (410gms) and for that reason I have been using a lot of synthetic interlining where possible. Obviously I have to use bump if requested by client which I do. At the moment I am working with a roll purchased from Hallis Hudson (unbleached) which is extremely fluffy and covers me head to foot like a snowman and caused me to have 2 severe asthma attacks last week. Can anyone suggest a heavyweight cotton bump that does not shed all the fibres all over you? Does anyone else suffer reactions to this stuff? I am fine with the lightweight cotton bump from Streets (ST72).

Many thanks in advance
    Yvonne
    Yvonne

Re: Cotton Bump 410gms Allergy!

Hi Yvonne,
    Poor you! Working with bump makes my nose itch, but no where near as bad as you. Is is something to do with the fact that it is unbleached? Could you wear a face mask whilst working with it (and hoovering up afterwards!)?

Evans have their C367 heavyweight cotton bump, 390gsm plain weave in natural and white.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Yvonne

I to suffer severe sneezing when i work with bump not quite as bad as you, but I have to wear a mask every time like Pen says and it really does help

Regards
      Irene

Comment

Thank you both for your comments - I am this morning going to order some bump from Streets but in a cut length so that I can compare. I am still waiting for Evans to open my account with them (been waiting 2 weeks now). I have itchy eyes this morning before I even begin but hopefully I should finish curtain today and then be back on to roman's with synthetic. Thanks again.
        Yvonne

Comment

Working...
        X