Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feather Trim

Hi All,

A customer of mine is considering the Troynoth Moulin Rouge feather trim for the base of a canvas pelmet. I'm a bit worried about using it. Not sure how strong it is and whether it should be stitched right at the bottom or set higher, so that the feathers are not floating mid air.

Has anyone used this trim or have any advice on how to apply it?

Thanks,
    Sue.

Re: Feather Trim

Have to admit that I've never used it, but often drool over the wee sample I got when I was planning to use it on the lampshade I recovered last year. All I can say is I want to see pictures! I think this trim is fantastic and if I didn't have cats I'd be using it somehow in the house. As it is, it would be destroyed within minutes.....

It's got a narrow webbing strip that the feathers are attached to, so wonder if it would work if you slipped this into a folded "pleat" made on the bottom knife edge of the pelmet. You'd not see the webbing then, it would just look like feathers sticking out of the bottom of the pelmet.

Comment

The feathers are strongly sewn into a braid, and can be applied onto your pelmet or stitched into a seam. if applying, you would need to handsew or preferably glue in place. I think they are lovely, and would be better on the edge of the pelmet.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I agree, beautiful trim. I have never used it either unfortunately, however I too have a sample. I would glue it to the pelmet and have it on the edge.
        Kindest Regards,
        Karen

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I must admit I usually hand sew trims, but as this is a flat pelmet to be made in loomstate calico, then I would consider gluing it, as I would never expect it to be cleaned. However even a gentle dust with the brush attachment of the hoover could end in disaster!

I think I will go with the glue option if she decides to go ahead. Please tell me what glue...

Thanks.
          Sue.

Comment

Hi Sue,

How about using the hem & trim tape from Price & co. Personally I have never used it but I think Philip has, just a thought

Oh Sue, sending you a {{{hug}}} cos I think you could do with one after your dilemmas this week.

Comment

Thats really sweet of you - thanks.

Actually the dilemmas I am having are actually fairly pleasant ones. All this worry about what trim and what to make the pelmet out of, are all to do with a job a couple of weeks from now, so no pressure from the client!

I am actually just trying to put off going into my workroom to triple pleat 16 widths. Why do I always leave them all to the end?

Sue.

Comment

Working...
              X