valance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valance

Hi been asked to make a box bed valance with pleats are in a contrast colour. The bed is 5ft wide. Can anyone give me an idea on what to quote for the job?
    Cheers

Re: valance

Hello

Have a look at Dormy House website, they do valances on there. That may give you some idea.
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Comment

This site should give you a retail example of prices.........http://www.thedormyhouse.com/html/di...&cid=5&pid=346
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I have an account with Dormy House - its so much easier to get them to make bed valances and bedspreads (of course in my opinion) I would rather make 500 pairs of curtains or roman blinds than make one bed valance or bedspread!!!!
        Yvonne

Comment

I too would rather sub contract those kind of things too. But are they living in the real world? Do people really pay that sort of price for valances? Suddenly I think I could be really good at making them!!!

Sue

Comment

I have found this fantastic company called Outliners near Luton who make bedspreads, bed valances and headboards - very reasonably priced to in order that you would be able to make a mark up.
            Yvonne

Comment

I have just received the Outliners brochure and trade price list. Their prices are very similar to Dormy House once you add VAT etc. They do have a fantastic range of bedcovers and quilting options though. If you open an account with Dormy House you do get a trade price which is obviously less than the RRP on their website.
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

That's very strange Louise as something that Dormy have quoted me for at £290 (Dormy trade price) is actually costing me £141 from Outliners! Hence me saying how reasonable they are. My price list from Outliners shows you are paying about half for most things. I have ordered three items from Outliners today. You can apply to Dormy for a trade account which is STRICTLY PRO-FORMA, they will give you 25% of SOME products only. Their fabrics, divan bases, mattresses, bins, trugs, letter racks, trays, feathers, boxes with lids, curtain poles and finials, flowers, lamp shades, baskets and bedding only carry a 15% discount.
                Yvonne

Comment

Ah, I was comparing an unlined valance with a lined one........now they seem much better value!
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

That probably explains it Louise too as I was comparing quilted bedthrows not valances, I will do later though.
                    Yvonne

Comment

Working...
                    X