Cushion Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cushion Templates

I am looking for a means of making cushion templates. I think that I could make them myself but I cannot source the perspex required. Does anyone know how I can do this?

I do realise that they can be bought from the Merrick & Day site.

Rachel

Re: Cushion Templates

Could you use the thick transparent plastic sold to use as a table protector? It would not be stiff like the templates you buy, but it is easy to cut and durable, and you could roll the templates up to store them. You can write on it with a marker pen or china pencil. You can buy it here

http://shop.doreenprestonandson.co.u...tal_Clear.html
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

HI Rachel

Although the templates cost over £20.00 they a worth while investment if you're going to make a lot of cushions - The one template offers so much and really does make marking your cushions out simple. Cushion templates are complex templates and are precision machine cut.

If you're thinking of making your own templates; I believe one of our users uses greaseproof paper for patterns - you could also use spot and cross pattern paper.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I invested in one of the templates from Merrick and Day and have to say I wouldn't be without it now! The money spent on this was well worth every last penny.
        Yvonne

Comment

I think that the template now sounds MUCH more attractive.

I am not necessarily going to make dozens and dozens of cushions but I did want them to be correctly cut out from the start - otherwise, I just won't stand a chance of getting the finished product right. Once I perfect some basic techniques, I was hoping to make some as presents - or the odd raffle prize for charity.

Many thanks,

Rachel

P.S I can think of a couple of superb applications for the transparent table cloth covers and I did like the table protectors - another strike against total cat dominance in my home.

Comment

Hi
            my dad made mine from clear acetate 2 sizes and marked the centre
            it's the kind of stuff they use to cover signs etc.
            try a signmakers they may have some off cuts
            hope this helps
            lss

Comment

I think the teacher at the evening classes made her templates this way.

I shall have a word with the Estates Department at the hospital where I work - perhaps they have some offcuts from acetates for signage.

Rachel

Comment

I recently purchased the tapered corner cushion template from Merrick & Day. I am looking forward to using it instead of my usual pieces of paper that I measure and cut out to size.

Just wondering if you have one of the templates do you cut your fabric to the actual pad size or go down a size to make the cushions more plump?

Comment

I'm with Phillip.
                  The professional ones are accurate, multi-size and far outway the aquiring acetate/making process. (and I'm usually the one to 'make' quick fixes!)
                  I also use mine as a quick square
                  John Quine
                  Brooke Design
                  Fylde Coast

Comment

Sewingbelle,
                    Cut the fabric to the pad size, then when you have taken off the seams the cushion will be nice and plump. If you go down a size I think you will find it too solid.
                    Kind regards
                    Pen Harrison
                    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

The M&D template is well worth the money. It can be used for square, rectangular & circular cushions & perspex so you can see the pattern on the fabric through it. I also use mine as a quick square too. The template does not incude seam allowances. However I always cut out my cushion covers to the size of the inner and do not add extra. This gives you a nice plump cushion.
                      Sue.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks Pen and Sue. I did wonder about the size as when making my own templates I always made the cushion cover slightly smaller than the pad. I agree the templates are excellent and are so much more accurate than I ever managed to get my paper templates, also like the fact the corners are tapered.

Comment

Just to let you know, M&D templates are £23.40 each including VAT, and we sell them for £19.00 each, and even with carriage the total would only be £22.60.
                          Kind regards
                          Pen Harrison
                          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I'm thinking of buying a cushion template but I'm not sure whether to buy the square or tapered edge. I don't make loads of cushions so I don't want to buy 2 of them. I usually make square cushions but I was wondering if the tapered one would be better to get. Most of my customers prefer the polyester filled pads and I believe that the tapered template works best with them. Does anyone have any opinion on square versus tapered?

Comment

Mine is the square one ...

Comment

Working...
                              X