Ultra lightweight fabric for bed throw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra lightweight fabric for bed throw

I have a disabled client who would like me to make a bed throw for her. She wants the throw to be as lightweight as possible so that it doesn't squash air out of her duvet, and so that she can lift it.

I'm a bit stumped about what to suggest for the face fabric, which needs to be washable and in a plain colour. I'd thought about Liberty's Tana Lawn, but they don't have a great choice of plains. Villa Nova's Seville comes in masses of colours, but will be too heavy.

Can anyone suggest anything?
    CatherineL
    Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Re: Ultra lightweight fabric for bed throw

If you go on the Shaukat website, they do a range of plain Italian cotton lawns which might fit the bill. Going to be a pain to iron, though, when it's been washed? https://www.shaukat.co.uk/category/d...in-cotton-lawn

Kate

Comment

Will a very light bed throw sit nicely? I think it's the weight of the lining and wadding that holds it in place. How about suggesting a bed runner?
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Wadded faux silk? James Hare's Astor comes in a gorgeous range of colours, and it would be washable with care. You could back it with something like a snuggly velboa to tackle the slippage issue, and/or make it with a tuck in piece at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
        X