Hello - help required please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - help required please

Hello everyone . I am new on here. I need 14 Roman blinds for my house and thought I would enjoy making them myself as I have made curtains and clothes before so have some sewing skills. I am unsure though of how to make roman blinds. I would like to know which is the best lining and interlining to buy and also the best blind kit with chain.and where to buy it all from. Two of the blinds will need to be blackout. Is there a step by step guide anywhere of how to put them all together please?

Re: Hello - help required please

Assuming you are not able to open a trade account (perhaps you are? ) then look at Merrick & Day for your supplies. You can buy small quantities and they will stock everything you need. Many members here use bonded interlining (regular or blackout) in their blinds for a stable finish, then use cotton sateen to make the rod pockets and the back of the blind itself.

Our roman blind video has had very positive feedback so suggest that as good place to start with how to make the blinds.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Fleurista. There is a really useful mydecozo video showing you how to make a roman blind step by step. Someone else can probably find the link to it if you don't find it in a search. I would suggest having a look at the Merrick and Day website for the roman blind kits and linings if you just want enough for your own usage as you can buy from them by the metre. Like many on here I interline my roman blinds with bonded interlining which gives a nice structure to the blind. For standard blinds use normal bonded interlining and for the blackout ones use blackout bonded interlining, then on both you can use standard lining fabric into which you sew your rod pockets. I would also recommend the instructions for making roman blinds in Merrick and Day's Blinds, Curtains and Cushions book.

Comment

Hi thank you so much for the information. The video is extremely helpful and easy to follow. Where would you suggest I open a trade account, I may look into doing that as I have alot to make. I looked on the Evans site and there us an array of curtain linings eg DB1 and Everpure. I would like something that is good quality. Also which bonded interlining would you recommend please.

I will get the a Merrick and Day book.

Thank you

Comment

Hi Fleurista,

Not sure where you're based, but another option might be to contact someone on the forum who is local to you and who might offer to do a training/workroom day with you? That person might also be able to supply what you need in terms of lining and interlining? If you are anywhere near north Lincolnshire, the M&D courses are fantastic, you would still be quids in - and could probably collect your supplies at the same time?!! Good luck!

Jackie

Comment

Working...
          X