Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal width.....

Hi all,

Haven't been around for a long time, I'm afraid. I am expecting my second baby and have not been very well with it.

I originally joined here as I wanted to make my own blinds for our conservatory, but I don't feel that I am going to manage this now, plus I made a roman for a bedroom the other month and to be honest, it has been a right disaster and needs redoing.

ANyway, now the windows are up I am wondering if I need less blinds than I originally thought; There are essentially 3 groups consisting of 3 panes. The joiner measured them today and they are approximately 240 cm wide each. I am just wondering if this is perhaps starting to get too wide for a stable roman blind?

What are your thoughts?

hope you are all well

ang x

Re: Optimal width.....

Sorry to hear you haven't been well, hopefully things will improve.

I would recommend using a rotary track for a roman this wide - you can get them upto 300cm. This would give you a choice of 7 or 8 cord drops and would support the width and weight of the blind well, while making it straightforward to raise and lower steadily.

Take a look at http://www.merrick-day.com/acatalog/...il_System.html for an example if you have not used them before.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Re: Optimal width.....

Sorry you haven't been well, hope you feel better soon.

I have made a 238cm blind with the merrick and day rotary chain track system before. It was fine. Was fairly heavy to pull up but didn't feel that it was unstable or anything like that.
      Kindest Regards,
      Karen

Comment

Working...
      X