End cap on roman blind tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End cap on roman blind tracks

I am making some blinds for a bay, using sidewinder kits. I want to cover the end caps on the outer 2 sides blinds, so to match in with the blinds themselves.
    I was hoping to cut the profile of the end cap and stick the fabric on, but the fabric frays. As the end caps are the ones covering the mechanism, I can't take the cap of and fold around and refix, as it will interfere. Has anyone any idea?

Re: End cap on roman blind tracks

Hi Diannemay I would suggest running the top of the roman, the depth of the rail, as a continuous piece around the corner of the end and then 15mm onto the back and held in place with velcro, that way you can turn over the bottom and the top and sew to prevent the fraying, almost like a return on a mini pelmet. Alternatively apply copydex or similar to the fabric where you need to cut and then cut out the shape, the only issue may be that the copydex discolours or darkens the fabric. Hope this helps

Comment

I have used Pelmform, cut longer than the end cap to cover the whole cassette 'workings'. The type of Pelmform I had at the time was sticky on one side, and fuzzy felt on the other, so it would attach to a piece of stick-on velcro on the end cap.

Alternatively you could use dressmakers' iron on Vilene interfacing to prevent any fraying.

Angie

Comment

Hi Angie , I've done something like this before and I used lightweight double sided buckram. I found the slight stiffness in the buckram helps to give a precise shape. As it's fusible both sides then it catches in any
        fraying threads. I then used used M&D's Trimfix double-sided tape. It cures within 24hrs. so stays in place.

Regards,

Cat
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

This is the solution to the problem used by a high-end Roman blind manufacturer ....

Click image for larger version

Name:	stacks_image_618.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	115119

I'm not sure whether I like it or not - suppose in the right place (and probably not a contrast fabric!) it could look quite good. What do others think?

Comment

Sorry but thats really bad!

Would rather see white plastic.

Sarah

Comment

I think I agree with Sarah - looks like they have just found some old scrap of fabric and thought 'that will do'!

Comment

I found this diagram:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	side flaps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	115120

Comment

Working...
                X