Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHEER ROMANS

Hello All,

I have been asked by a client to make some sheer unlined Romans. I have never made these before. Are there any particular pitfalls I should be aware of. The fabric is quite transparent, a sheer but not floppy like voile, more stiff, so think they will make up OK.

I was going to make them pretty much like a lining of a normal blind. Just make tucks in them where the rods need to go. Also I believe there are clear rods and weight bars available for such a thing.

Thanks.

Sue.

Re: SHEER ROMANS

I have not made these but I would use your method....yes, there are 'transparent' rods and bars for this type of blind.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

On most voiles, as I expect you know, it is easiest to mark cutting and stitching lines by pulling a thread. You can also get translucent rod tape to go with the translucent rods.
      Regards
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi,
        I have made some....they were for a patio door also so quite long. The same sort of fabric too. They turned out great. I pressed in the pockets first before stitching.
        good luck with them
        sharon

Comment

Hi

I've made one voile Roman and it turned out well as the fabric was stable. Obviously, the turnings in your hems will be visible and with it being a flat blind as opposed to a gathered curtain, will be more noticeable.

Angie

Comment

I have made soft folds in sheer linen.

As Pen said pull a thread to get the straight edge them make rod pockets and use translucent rods. Good luck it slips like hell.
            Karen Rhodes
            Karen Rhodes Design
            Pole Design

Comment

Thanks Karen - I have been warned!

Sue.

Comment

Working...
              X