Soft fold Roman Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft fold Roman Blinds

Has anyone made these? If so did you line them and attach rings stab stitched through all layers (no rod pockets). How far from each end did you place your first and last ring? I have made linen ones and placed the first and last ring 3cm from the edge and this gives a different look to being placed further in.

[attachment=0:1400w2wn]soft fold romans1.jpg[/attachment:1400w2wn]
    Karen Rhodes
    Karen Rhodes Design
    Pole Design

Re: Soft fold Roman Blinds

I have a couple of books with these in - one suggests setting the outside ring in about 5cm. The other (an American book), which calls the blind a swagged roman, places the rings 6" in from the outside edge. It says if you need more rows of rings they should not be more than 36" apart.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Both my kitchen and bathroom blinds are made this way, but they are both narrow windows, just under 1m each.
      The bathroom one is voile, lined, with rings much further from the sides as I wanted a very soft look, they are a quarter of the way in, but as it only ever comes down for cleaning, the fact that you have to dress it each time doesn't matter. The same voile is used for the outside of a double shower curtain, and that room gives me pleasure every day.(Apart from the dust on the blind.)
      The kitchen one is a heavy cotton canvas, lined with the outside rings 10cm in, and I will probably put another set down the middle before it goes back up, as I'm waiting for the window to be painted. This does get used in the winter.
      Both are mounted on curtain track as high as possible,so the raised blind is completely off the windows, both being north facing, and this being North-East Scotland, where there's little enough daylight as it is, for most of the year.
      The rings are stabstitched. It's a very versatile treatment, and very easy, too. The planning takes longer than the making.
      I've made them for people, too, with much success, it's rod pockets I get upset by. but, again, all narrow windows.

Comment

Thanks for that. It looks like these blinds have three rings one in the middle and a couple about 15cm from the edge. They are very pretty especialy with the border. As a matter of interest how far apart vertically does you book say to put the rings?
        Karen Rhodes
        Karen Rhodes Design
        Pole Design

Comment

The first book recommends vertical spacing of between 6-8" - another about 10". I guess it's the best fit for your blind drop.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
          X