236 cm Wide Roman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 236 cm Wide Roman

Has anyone made a roman this wide before? Ideally I'd like to mount it on one of M & D chain mechanisms what do you think?

The other option is to put 3 smaller romans in the window one big one and two smaller ones either side.
    Kindest Regards,
    Karen

Re: 236 cm Wide Roman

Hi Karen

This tracking system will be fine for the job assuming you buy the correct chain mechanism for the weight of the finished blind - The basic mechanism will work for weights up to 3kg - The heavy duty mechanisms allows weights up to 5kg. I'd also suggest you use either wooden dowels or aluminium rods as fibre glass rods tend to bow.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks for the info Philip, I shall go for it!
      Kindest Regards,
      Karen

Comment

I have made Roman Blinds this big before and used the Deluxe Headrail (enclosed one) Mech from either M & D or Hallis or Price & co. I don't like making them this big but the headrail system works really well on the wide blinds. I still use wooden dowels and a wooden weight bar in the bottom - I found with some of the lighter weight fabrics the aluminum weight bar was too heavy. Don't know if anyone else has had that problem at all? Good luck Karen.
        Yvonne

Comment

I have made a few of these, widest so far being 240cm, and I use a M&D deluxe headrail system or Decorquip headrail system, with wooden dowels (checking they are straight before buying !). For lighter fabrics I use a roller blind bottom bar made out of solid plastic which is slightly lighter than the aluminimum bottom bar (also available from Decorquip, page 25 of catalogue!). Also, depending on the drop of the blind I try to railroad the lining to save having to have joins and then having to thread the bars through the joins!

Good luck!

Comment

I am making a 245cm blind. I have used the 2320 system from Silent Gliss + wooden dowels. The aluminium bar is too heavy for the bottom. Still thinking of what is best for the bottom. A wooden bar would be best but do they go up to 245cm long. Perhaps I would have to glue two pices together. Any suggestions?
            Karen Rhodes
            Karen Rhodes Design
            Pole Design

Comment

If you go to B&Q Karen you will get a 3 or 4 metre length of wood - same dimensions as the aluminium bar.

Philip
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I think you will find that stripwood comes in 2400mm lengths as do all mouldings and dowels. If so I will have to do a bit of glueing.
                Karen Rhodes
                Karen Rhodes Design
                Pole Design

Comment

If it is 2400mm, or 240cm then that is long enough, no glueing needed.......
                  sharon

Comment

My blind is 245cm wide so I will have to glue it as I don't want 5cm free space at each end
                    Karen Rhodes
                    Karen Rhodes Design
                    Pole Design

Comment

Sorry,thought it was 236cm.....
                      yes, it does come up a bit short, about 2", so 1" short each end, i dont think that is too bad, just my opinion...
                      sharon

Comment

I would rather join the batten to fill the whole space. I would not be happy leaving it like that. 1cm shorter is what I usually make mine.
                        Karen Rhodes
                        Karen Rhodes Design
                        Pole Design

Comment

Working...
                        X