Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too wide roman

Morning All.

brain dead today with a stinking streaming cold. Trying to think through a wide roman, black linen with b/out lining.......just what I need!

finished width of roman.....153.5cms.
    fabric width........146cms.

Need to take some width off main panel to make sides look reasonable.....I am thinking 20cms off each side.I know its got to go back on again but I cannot put wee stringy bits on either side.Am I on the right track you roman blind experts????

Enid

Re: too wide roman

Afternoon Enid

I'd say 20cm each side would give a nice balanced look - For future reference try to encourage the customer to have a border to make a feature out of the joins.. Of even a single contrasting stripe down the middle.

Hope you're feeling better quickly!

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Can you not railroad the fabric Enid?
      If not then i would do as you suggested and make the centre piece smaller to take the joins away from the sides more.
      sharon

Comment

Thanks both.

Sharon, I would hesitate to railroad as there is quite a definate weave in the fabric. Am railroading the b/out though and this way I can keep the seams away from each other in the fabric and the lining. As usual this customer has ended up buying something quite different from the original quote and there would not be enough to railroad anyway now that I think about it.

Thanks P , you have not seen the black and white FLOCK wallpaper that the daughter has been allowed to choose. I think a border would actually be quite good, but she's pushing me to finish and I cannot think of persuading her any further. This is a VERY SLOW lady .

Enid

Comment

forgot to say 'get well soon'
          sharon

Comment

Poor Enid, I hope you get better soon too!
            Have only just seen your post as I too have been making roman blinds all weekend (was the wedding anniversary yesterday and I spent 12 hours in the workshop!!!). I was lucky today as I was making a RB 178cm wide but was a Villa Nova fabric which I was able to railroad! I would do the same as you and everyone else make the middle section smaller and put the 20cm sides(!) on!
            See you soon,
            Yvonne
            Yvonne

Comment

I agree with everyone else (narrower centre width). Get well soon Enid.
              Jane

Comment

Working...
              X