Interlining for Romans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlining for Romans

I am to make 2 roman blinds but I have been asked to use a thicker interlining as they would like it to be thcker and more luxurious than their current blinds.

What would any of you recomend and also just as important which would you avoid.

Many thanks

Lorraine

Re: Interlining for Romans

I've put bump interlining (380gsm ish) in roman blinds before and i think it ends up looking just too thick, although if the folds are deeper and it's outside the window's recess you might get away with it. I would just stick to a max. 280gsm interlining if i were you, i've made tons of roman blinds and i wouldn't exceed that weight now. The only exception is if you're using a really silky, light weight fabric and the blinds are quite large, bump can work well.

Comment

Hi Lorraine

I have just done 2 romans in silk dupion and put a bonded blackout lining sandwiched in the middle between the face fabric and a regular lining containing the rod pockets. I thought it worked well and was certainly not as heavy as bump (which I would also avoid). Being bonded and blackout it was a bit stiffer and more robust than just using a regular interlining and I thought it gave the silk some structure.

Good luck!
      Carol

Comment

Any idea what was used in the blinds that the customer thinks are a bit thin? If a really light interlining was used then just moving up one weight would make a difference.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help. I have shown her a sample blind with bonded blackout and it wasn't thick enough for her. Not got great fabric to work with, it was chosen from Paul Simon and is far too expensive for what it is.

Louise guess which customer this is? She wants the 3 romans in the bay to have the normal interlining which was used in the sample roman that I showed her as well as the bonded lining above. I don't actually know what weight it was as it was something I just picked up to make some samples with. It looks ok to me though. The other 2 blinds are for the front window and she wants luxury! I was convinced that she didn't like my quote but came to see me today quite happy and even gave me a large deposit.
          Last edited by Lorraine; 12 November 2012, 18:46. Reason: spelling

Comment

Good luck with that one!

I have a sample book with various different interlinings in - you are welcome to come over and see them if you like?
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
            X