Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonial shaped bottoms: Roman blinds

Hello

I'm about to make a colonial shaped roman blind but I'm not sure how far up the first rod should be - I don't want to hide the shape when the blind is pulled up.. Any thoughts please?

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Re: Colonial shaped bottoms: Roman blinds

Hi Philip

what is a colonial roman blind i only know of slatted blinds by that name any pics?

Irene

Comment

Colonial shaped bottoms: Roman blinds

[center:2zepbb50][attachment=0:2zepbb50]red1.jpg[/attachment:2zepbb50][/center:2zepbb50]

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Normal distance plus depth of shaping you want exposed, surely? It look as if that one is showing the same depth as the fold, and how cum I'm giving you advice about blinds?

Comment

Re: Calonial shaped bottoms: Roman blinds

would you do it like normal blind then add the amount you want to show

Irene

Comment

I thought normal calculations and then the addition at the bottom of what I want to show but wanted to check as I haven't made one before.. I know I'm a man Nic, but I don't know everything.. Only most things

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Irene is spot on Pip.
              I'd be interested in how to create the shape at the bottom. I have made some ages ago and inserted single side fuseable buckram into the bottom fold and ironed onto blackout lining to the front of the buckram so there was no light bleed through the bottom section , a bit like a shaped apron pocket , but it was fiddly. The thought makes me go wobberly.

Please let us know how you get on Pip, I'd love to know.

Good luck!

Comment

Not the maleness, Philip, I live with two adult men(husband and son) and am always telling them things. It's the blind thing, me and Romans don't get on, as you know.
                I had to stop writing this to help one of them change a lightbulb as the shade fell off.
                Not normal calculation plus addition or it'll be too long when down, subtract shaped bit showing length from finished length?Unless you want the shaped bit below the windowsill?

Comment

The shortest point of the shaped bottom is the blind length, the dangly bit is longer so there no light showing when in the down position. A warning though it might make the longest point curl a little as it sits on the sill.

Comment

Hiya!
                    I've made a few of these and once I have the finished drop of the blind I take the depth of the shape away from the finished drop of the blind. I then use that measurement to do the normal Roman blind calculations so when the blind is pulled up the shaped bottom is always on show. I also always add a weight bar just above the shaped section. Hope that makes sense.
                    Daisy

Comment

Hello Daisy!

Thank you for that... Nice to see you again!

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks Philip, I have missed this place and its nice to be home. I have just got in (I hate driving in the dark) and was going off to bed but couldn't resist logging on. Dx

Comment

I've made a colonial shaped roman blind today as a dummy run before I make the real thing.. Do you think the bottom shaping looks ok? Forget the nasty fabric, it's Laura Ashley Summer Place and only a tester. It's about the shape, not the fabric..

Philip

[attachment=0:1ie1u7ya]COL.jpg[/attachment:1ie1u7ya]

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Yes, I think it looks fine and......I do like the fabric. Would look great in a little girl's room and not as twee as some of the things that you find. Fun without being childish...!

Comment

Nice blind, P, but personally I think the bottom shape is too curved in at the edges. The shape of the orange one on your previous posting looks better. Just personal this, if you are happy and the customer is as well, then thats OK. Is it not??

Enid

Comment

Working...
                              X