Newbie - first time doing rod pocket calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie - first time doing rod pocket calculations

Hi everyone, what a lovely helpful site! I am making my first roman blind using the My Decozo video tutorial (fantastic!) just a quick question before I actually start cutting my fabric (!). My finished drop is 151cm (width 116cm). So I have calculated 151 - 6cm (headrail allowance) to come to a total of 145cm.

I plan to use 5 rods and divide by 11, giving me a rather annoying calculation of 13.18cm. Should I round up or down and just add the extra couple of cm to the bottom pleated section of the blind? Or is it good practice to follow the measurements to the letter - even if they are not round numbers?

Would you even go as far as slightly altering the drop of the blind to ensure you are working with round numbers?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thank you!

Sarah

Re: Newbie - first time doing rod pocket calculations

HI Mrs P

I always add 1/2cm to the length of the blind, you can either add 3/4cm to yours, giving you a spacing of 13.25cm or you can work to the exact sizes. Adding this small amount will be taken up more or less when you add the weight bar.

Don't forget to add your seam allowances to your calcs.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Sarah, I would make each of the top 10 sections 13.2cm and the back flap (bottom section) 13cm. Maz

Comment

Thank you Philip and Stitcher for such prompt helpful replies - I shall report back when I have made some progress!

Comment

Working...
        X