can not decide as usual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can not decide as usual

hi i am making a roman blind for my neice she wants a dotty fabric same as kathy house pictures but her windows are bigger than the fabric so she needs joins not sure weather to pattern match it or put borders on each side never seen a roman blind with a pattern match she about 20cm short so is it better to 10cm on each side or 20 cm on one side and can you see the seam on the join maybe better with nice matching borders or is that pattern to busy for added fabric i am thinking borders but i have always seen that fabric on its own its pistashio green from terryfabric warehouse sorry about the spelling thanks for any advice esther

Re: can not decide as usual

Esther can you railroad the fabric? You won't need joins then.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

i cannot belive i was too stupid to think of that thanks philip need to make sure it is not too long my husband measured it quickly for me thanks again esther

Comment

Esther sometimes we can't see the obvious for looking.. We all do it!
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Esther,
          If you can't railroad the fabric, and the amount to be added is not much (I think you're saying 20cm), then borders work better, I think than adding narrow pieces each side. For one thing, you don't have to pattern match, and it also set your blind design apart from the mass produced.
          Hope this helps.
          Regards
          Pen
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
          X