Why have two when one will do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why have two when one will do!

I have recently made two roman blinds, each blind required a join and I decided I would have only one join in each blind as they are to fit at the same window. Looking at the blinds I now question why I use two joins when I only require a small addition to the width. Generally I would have a width in the middle with equal additions either side, and often bringing the pattern match in so I don't have skimpy bits on each side of the full width.

Why... Why do we have to do this when adding small amounts to the width, whats wrong with only having one join positioned on the least obvious side? For instance, when I walk into my sitting room my eye is drawn to the left side of my window so common sense would tell me to put the join on the right hand side?

I'm only talking small additions to a width here, maybe 20/30cm ... I'd like to throw this one open for discussion..

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Re: Why have two when one will do!

Gosh Phillip~ its quite freshing to think there is someone else out there who worries over these things too! lol

The answer, I dont really know, not much use I know, but its something I have considered too. If the client doesnt mind then neither should I! I guess thats the answer I strive for!

Sometimes its just how we are taught that makes thinks seem to be the right way to make things, but what exactly is the right thing? The right thing is to meet the expectations of the majority~ in this case its you and the client in question who are the majority. Do what is easiest, and make up the blind in agreement with your client. That way when they are hung, theres no come back so long as the option has been discussed and agreed.

If it were a single window then I would defo opt for an equal join either side of the blind, if it were 2 side by side I would consider joins on the outer edges, but I'd still worry about it being right!

Oh the dilemmas of this job eh!

Comment

Re: Why have two when one will do!

This is one of two blinds I made to sit side by side at the same window, each blind has a single join - This blind has the join on the left, it always has a layer of 3 pass sandwiched in between the face fabric (Sanderson fabric like sheeting and it wasn't cheap) and the lining.

[attachment=0ovbwkls]onejoin.jpg[/attachmentovbwkls]

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
      X