BOTTOM BAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOTTOM BAR

I have always used the heavy bar in the bottom of blinds. i am making a blind 215 wide, and i read somewhere that the bottom bar is not necessary. has anyone tried this on a wide blind, have you used the normal fibre glass rod instead. what are the pros for this method. any help please

Re: BOTTOM BAR

Hi Dee

I always use aluminum weight bars in roman blinds - I like weight in the bottom and feel the blind looks crisp in any position.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I agree with Philip. I would have thought a very wide blind especially needs the weight of a substantial bottom bar.

Comment

Hi Dee

I think all roman blinds need a weight at the bottom. The blinds for the show house were 2 metres wide I used a bottom weight and fibreglass rods.

Kathy
        K W Designs
        Bournemouth

Comment

I agree with the others - I never leave out the aluminium bottom bar from Romans - I would have thought that a wide blind in particular really needs the weight to hang evenly. And if I'm doing a shaped hem, I always put in an extra pocket just about the shape so that I can fit in the aluminium bar.

Cheers
          Sue

Comment

Working...
          X