velcro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• velcro

i am practicing with roman blinds just now i done one with contrasting borders so stab stitching came in handy so theres no rows stitching in the front of the blind learnt that on this site so that was the bottom half done and i dont want to see any stitching on the front fabric so i machined the top of the velcro a little up from the finished length on the face fabric flipped it over hand sewed the bottom down now this hand sewing takes far too long and i was if anybody doeswith a machine quicker and gets the same result with no stitching at the front of the blind hope you can understand my grammer very embrassed about it thanks for any advice

esther

Re: velcro

Hi Esther, sound like you're doing really well. I am probably in the minority here (and I'm almost ashamed to admit it!) but I usually machine 1 or both lines at the top of my roman blinds. I have never had anyone mention this or be disappointed with their blinds in the years I've been making them. I did do one with no stitiching showing at the top but it did take a little longer and hurt my fingers.

I always stab-stitch though and there are no other machine lines visible... (in my defence!!)
    Kim

Comment

thanks kim it might look better but its the time it takes or maybe i am too slow at hand sewing i am going to try something else

Comment

Hi Esther,

I have until recently done one or two stitching lines for the Velcro, but recent topics have prompted me to do just what you have done. Yes it does take longer, and I will probably do this if I think the job justifies it. If you are doing a Roman on a batten and it is fitted outside the recess, the top of the blind can flip over the top of the batten and will be invisible anyway, so its not necessary to do it in this case.

Saves about 50% of the blinds from hand stitching anyway!

Sue.

Comment

Working...
        X