blackout lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackout lining

hi i have just made a roman blind for my own room i used a blackout lining with machining under the rod pockets the day light shining through the blind do you think stab stitching would stop this any help would be grateful
    ps i never done stab stitching before esther

Re: blackout lining

Hi Esther

Light bleed is caused with blackout lining and machine stitching because the fabric doesn't heal after being punctured by the needle, this is a common problem with 3 pass B/O lining... I make my linings in the normal way with rod pockets, and use a layer of B/O lining sandwiched in between the main fabric and lining (as you would interlining) - Hand sew the lining to the face fabric and stab stitch under each pocket, I tend to stab stitch every 15cm's.

Don't use a thick needle and don't stab to many times. Also, make sure you have a stab stitch under every ring.

Let us know how you go on.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

thanks phil again nda learns you machine sew along rod pockets i have already made the blind going to try this stab stitching on another blind i need to start handsewing when needed it must be years of factory sewing and piece work that makes automactally use a machine you should start a training course of your own your good at teaching so i lock b/o linning to main fabric yes
      ps sorry for being a wee bit on the slow side thanks again esther

Comment

Esther... 3 layers of fabric. face fabric, B/O lining and then the normal lining with the rod pockets in.. Only stab stitch into the B/O lining and avoid any other puncturing with the needle.

And don't be sorry, the idea of the forum is to help people learn and do the best we can..

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I need my next blind to be darker, but am getting confused . Do you mean that you would add in the b/o as an interlining and then only actually 'sew' any of it when you stabstitch the fabrics together?

ang x

Comment

Only sew through the B/O lining when you stab stitch and when you put on the velcro - When you sew the lining with the rod pockets to the main fabric and when you hem the blind, avoid picking up the B/O lining and sew only into the face fabric.

Philip

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
            X