Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please.. Joins!

Hello

I have been asked to make two roman blinds for a client - The blinds will hang side by side at the same window as the lady does not want a single blind at this window. So, each blind is wider than a single width of fabric so requires joins; joins are generally placed either side of a full width as we all know..See FAQ's However, I'm thinking I only need one join on the outside edge of each blind rather than the normal two joins per blind. This will give a Left hand join on the left hand blind, and a right hand join on the other.

The blinds will be close to each other in the middle and the pattern with flow as you would expect so I see no reason why I have to use a total of 4 joins .. I've made my decision and suggested only one join per blind, but wanted to throw this open for discussion.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Re: Opinions please.. Joins!

That sounds perfectly acceptable to me, Philip, if your client agrees.

I don't believe there's ever only one solution to any problem and part of being a designer is thinking creatively. Thinking at all whilst you're ill is pretty impressive as it is!

Comment

I agree too. I think there will be less to distract the eye with fewer joins, and the whole thing will be symmetrical.

Angie

Comment

I would do the same less joins and eye will follw pattern in the middle.

Comment

Spot on Philip - - Way to go and no argument.

Comment

I agree on this one. I made some romans for my mums conservatory (mum helped of course) and that is exactly what we did here. Looks great because the pattern all flows nicely.
            Kindest Regards,
            Karen

Comment

Hi Philip,

I wondered about doing this for my massive lounge windows, where I have 4 blinds side by side, two of which are at a right ankle to the other two. I came to the conclusio they'd look fine when down but odd when up, so I didn't do this!!

Comment

Working...
              X