Unlined Romans in Conservatory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlined Romans in Conservatory

I was about to order some Naturals fabric from Price& C0 & noticed a strange picture on the care instructions - like a sun crossed out. Turned out that it should not be placed in strong sunlight or it would get yellow fade marks. The idea for unlined blinds was so they could be washed as well as letting some light through. Are there any pale coloured fabrics out there that do not fade, or is this why everyone has verticals & rollers in the conservatory? My client definately wants washable romans!! Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Julie
    Julie

Re: Unlined Romans in Conservatory

Would it be worth investigating outdoor or marine fabrics? They should be fade resistant but I'm not sure about the washable angle.....maybe they would be able to be hosed down or rinsed in a bath rather than actually put in a washing machine?

If you do a quick search on outdoor there are some postings with fabric/manufacturer names - and Seamoor do some outdoor/marine fabrics too.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I wonder about Villa Nova Seville? Certainly washable, certainly lets the light through. Might be worth a call re: yellow fade marks????

The info on the reverse makes no mention of crossed out suns but suggests allowing 5% for shrinkage.

Comment

I have made Roman Blinds before in voile. Worked very well because the voile had a vertical strip in chenile every couple of centimeters so could keep the fabric straight and the chenile gave a bit of substance to the voile. Dont know about shrinkage with voile though when washed. But the blinds looked great. The voile was from seagull textiles only supply voile but good range.

Comment

Working...
        X