Plain fabric that will need joining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plain fabric that will need joining

I have a Roman Blind to make today. I can't railroad unless I join my lining right at the top and bottom with tiny seams. I have enough fabric to put an extra piece down each side. As there is not pattern to match, I can make my side sections as wide or narrow as I please.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to the minimum width they would make the side sections. Would wider be better?

Re: Plain fabric that will need joining

I think I would do them about 10cms wide, very near to the edge tends to make the side folds etc a bit bulky.
    Glad you had such sucess with the dress, what luxury having to take something in, I'm envious!
    janie

Comment

Thank you Janie.

I promise you, you'd hate to be my odd shape. I can't tell you the struggles I have with clothes..... That's why I so love woollies as they're not structured. Maybe I should start dress making again.....

Comment

Hi there Jules.
        Can you railroad the main fabric and seam up the linings in the normal way i.e. vertically? If not, I tend to do side sections of about 20 - 25cm wide. Janie is right - dont make them too narrow or else you will have too much bulk to work with at the edges.

Sas

Comment

I agree. I would go at about 20 -25cms well away from the sides.

Comment

Thank you ladies. It's always great to get second, third and fourth opinions on things! And better still when they agree

Comment

Working...
            X