Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of this fabric

Hi There

Just had a lady rang and give me this link to an item in ebay.
    she wants 3 Roman blinds and a valance for round her bed made with this material
    before i except this and tell her to order material i wanted to ask you what you all think
    I dont know why but i just dont feel right about it

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Marela

Re: what do you think of this fabric

First of all, depends how much you want/need the work.

If you decide to go ahead, ask for a sample of the fabric (they have 1000+ metres so should be able to spare some!) and get the pattern repeat confirmed. It's an unusual width, but that could just be because it's mainly for the European market, or primarily made for manufacturing items rather than more 'retail' outlets.

If you do decide to proceed, definitely make sure you have some sort of statement in your quote to cover flaws in the fabric, extra work needed to check it over, short measures etc.

It could work out really well!
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Louise

Thank you so much for your advice

l just want someone else to let me know what they thought of the fabric

i will get that put into the contact about flaws in the fabric and looking the material over ect

Thank you so much for you help
      Marela
      l

Comment

Hi Marela,

I'm sure this is the same fabric I worked with a few weeks ago, in a different colourway beige/black. It was an utter nightmare, not only did it pucker like mad but it left this fine black dust from the flock, absolutely everywhere. It was so bad I had to replace the top of lining on the worktable, in got in all the grooves of the machine, iron etc. I would certainly not work with it again. So, I would agree with Louise and ask for a sample first. I would also recommend doing a trial stitch line.

Hope this helps,

Cay
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hi Marela,

have just looked at this and read the previous comments.......just wondering why it is SOOOOO reduced???????? I think that that says it all. I must admit that I too would be very wary of this one. You might be able to get out of this one, but the chances of you being paid for the time that I think that you are going to have to spend with the fabric BEFORE you get going on it....are slim. Then again..we all may be wrong, but I would not touch it with a barge pole!!

Enid

Comment

Thank you all for your comments
            I had a gut feeling about this material, I am not sure if it is the material or the lady
            she gives me the impression that she want top quality but wants to pay peanuts for it
            she has rang me now and she has seen some oddments of laura ashley material lloyd in charcoal/biscuit
            going on ebay which she likes to make some roman blinds with

Marela

Comment

LA, oddments & blinds....all in the same sentence....sounds to me like a customer to be avoided !! Don't like the look of the other fabric either - looks similar to some I made cushion covers out of a while ago....dreadful to work with, very thin, slippery, puckered, shed. Unless you really need the work, this sounds like one to be avoided
              Jane

Comment

Hi Jane

I think you are right, As soon as she mentioned LA l wanted to put the phone down

Marela

Comment

Working...
                X