Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman Blind Tracks

Hi there everyone

I am about to make some roman blinds for an order and have decided to move away from the battens and to use a track. I think this looks more professional and saves covering the batten. I have read loads of posts on here and already have accounts with a few suppliers so just wanted to see what people thought was the best track to use? I think I am heading (hahaha) towards the 'deluxe rotary chain headrail' from Merrick & Day? What do you think?
    Any feedback on roman blind headrails would be fab!
    Thanks!
    Natalie

Re: Roman Blind Tracks

I've been using Decorquip's made to measure and have been very happy with them, however, Philip recently pointed out to me that I'm paying extra just to have them pre-cut to the right size. He has told me he uses ones from Evans which are the same but cheaper & have a pre-inserted cutting jig which makes them easy to cut to size. Haven't tried them myself yet but am intending to do so next time I need a header rail (unless Decorquip can match the price )
    Jane

Comment

Whichever system you go with you will save so much time on fittings as the blinds can be fully prepared in your workroom - how I wish my customers weren't so set on battens.....

Comment

In future, I'm only offering the rotary chain headrail system with child safety chain holders fitted as standard complete with safety warning info. I have too many concerns over battens and cords now.

Cat
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

I am amazed at the difference in price between what is essentially the same header rail but under different names. Silent Gliss are the best I am sure, but their prices are just so high. I have always used Hallis Hudson professional profile enclosed header rail, but am about to try the Evans blind system - it looks the same as Hallis but is a much better price.( I feel more confident about this now I know that Philip has used them!) The only drawback with all the purchased header rails is the distance they project from the wall. With a wooden batten the blind can sit neatly against the wall. As for fitting, if you use the fabric covered battens plus a cord lock, the blind can be fitted completey threaded up in the same way as with the header rail as the cord lock keeps the blind up whilst you take the top down and drill the batten.

Julie
          Julie

Comment

I am now using the Evans mechanisms having previously used Hallis Hudson, M & D, Price and Co, Decorquip etc etc.
            I sent out a blind last weekend on an Evan's mechanism and the client is absolutely delighted with it.
            I still make blinds on battens and I always give the client the option.
            Yvonne

Comment

I have just ordered some Toga systems from Roman Blinds (UK) Ltd., as these were recommended by a friend in the trade who uses them in place of Silent Gliss systems. The client already had Silent Gliss systems in situ and wanted something similar, so I'm hoping these will do the trick. They are at http://www.romanblinds.com, and seem very competitively priced. Fingers crossed!

Jackie

Comment

Hi Jackie

This is the system I use - The price you have just paid is very high to be honest. I am happy to supply these tracks to anyone who is interested.

Philip
                Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Jackie,
                  I use 'Vantage' from Eclipse. You can only buy it from them in trade quantities and it cost me about £500 the first time (plus you have to store it) but it's easy to assemble and a hacksaw cuts through the track and it works out cheaper than ready assembled. Think its' sneered at by some but has worked for me every time
                  Anne

Comment

Thanks for all your help!

I have decided to go with Evans....thankyou very much Phillip for your advice!!
                    Natalie

Comment

Hi, We use Jones interiors chain lift blind system, we found this the best value for money especialy when bought in component form, quality is as good as any other supplier, apart from silent gliss

Comment

Philip - I am planning on making some roman blinds for my kitchen and one bedroom. I noticed you said you could supply the Evans blind systems - would I be able to purchase some from you? For the kitchen the recess width is 56" and the drop is 37". The bedroom is a 71" width however i would prefer to make two blinds (one for each window pane), the drop for this window is 46". Could you possibly give me a rough price please?

Many thanks,

Shona

Comment

Hi Shona,

Just wondering have you heard form Philip as i order tracks from him also, sent him an email and im getting no answer. Can anyone advise me here, maybe my email did'nt land in England yet

Unitl i hear from someone, regards Jan
                          Jan

Design & Curtain Studio

Comment

Philip I am about to order some Evans Tracks, could you tell me how much you allow for the track in your calculations using this track. I allow 11cm when using a 'chain operated headrail system'. Hope this makes sense
                            Regards
                            Mairi

Comment

The actual track depth is just under 5cm - I usually allow 7cm for these tracks.

Philip
                              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Working...
                              X