Help!! Blinds in a Square Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Blinds in a Square Bay

Hi, I am brand new on here today but have been shamefully lurking and peeping for ages!! Its a brilliant site and everyone is so eager to give advice.
    I have made lots of Romans but none for square bays. I am having a crisis of confidence as I have a very picky lady customer, plus.....I havent measured up the bay as its a friend of a customer and i won't be hanging them either, I shall be posting the blinds ready to hang. I do have a photo though!!
    My dilemma is, I have constructed the middle blind deducting twice the depth of the batten (ceiling fix) and an extra 1.5 cm for ease. Now I am thinking should i deduct 1 x batten depth plus 1.cm easing on the side blinds as well so that they butt up rather than overlap? Or is it better to just deduct the 1 cm for easing and butt them up?
    I have looked at earlier posts and they say the middle blind should be the widest, but don't the folds get squashed against each other?
    The fabric is a linen mix and is lined and interlined with sarril.
    I would be soooo grateful for your wise comments.

Lucy

Re: Help!! Blinds in a Square Bay

"Or is it better to just deduct the 1 cm for easing and butt them up?"

Oops, this bit should read "Or is it better to just deduct the 1 cm for easing and overlap them?

Lucy

Comment

Hi, new myself, if that makes you feel better! Just Read your post and wondering if you've finished the blinds for the square bay - I did a few a some time ago - I would follow lucy's advice, since the blinds are interlined,there will be a lot of bulk, hence, you want to leave an allowance of about 1cm so that the blinds don't intefere with each other - hope this make's sense. Rosi

Comment

I totally agree with Flamboyant! These will be quite bulky and will need that 1cm so they butt up to each other!

You are very brave relying on someone else's measurements......

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X