2 fold wide roman blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 fold wide roman blind

im going to make a roman blind for a square bay. the front blind will be 230cm wide. i was thinking of using a 2fold blackout lining with the fibre glass rods using 5 cord drops. as the drop is 130 cm and i am making the rod pockets in the 2 fold lining and going to stab stich i use the thin fibre glass rods and i know they are awkward when there is a join can you advise a the best way to stab stitch is it better to hang the blind up when i have attached the lining when its on the track and do it . and also any advise would be appreciated just feeling a bit nervous about the joins as when you put the rods through it can be awkward.anyone else done this before and had any probs. with thanks dee.

Re: 2 fold wide roman blind

If I have joins in the rod pockets , then I press the seam allowance one way, instead of pressing open and then you can insert the rods in the same direction. If you can't hang up the blind to stab stitch, then I would pin through all the layers where each stitch will be to hold them firm. A good tip given at the decozo meeting was to put a pin on the right side of the fabric and to sew over it so that you don't pull the stitches too tight and have pucker marks on right side.Hope it goes well.
    Janie

Comment

Dee
      Have just seen Phillip's video on rod pockets - have a look, an even better way to stab stitch I think.
      Janie

Comment

thanks so much for those tips ill look for the video

Comment

Working...
        X