Safety labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety labels

Various discussions have come up about safety concerns with blind cords. Some people include safety advice on their quotes which customers sign to accept, I'm sure everyone flags the matter verbally with clients.

A couple of suppliers I know of supply safety labels - Decorquip (they also supply safety boxes for chain mechanisms separately), and Merrick & Day supply a different design safety clip which comes with a safety label attached.

Perhaps others know alternative suppliers?
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: Safety labels

I only know of american suppliers of the labels. I was thinking of getting some printed, with my company name and logo on them as well.

Regards
    Pen
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi All,

When Sophie came yesterday, she had a warning triangle in her pocket which she'd borrowed from the roman blind at the hotel where she stayed. Both Penny and I meant to wrestle it from her to photocopy but, the bubbles must have gone to our heads as we both forgot. That fizzy water is lethal.

Comment

This is the wording from the safety labels on a safety clip I have

Young children can STRANGLE in cord and bead chain loops. They can also wrap cords around their necks and STRANGLE.

- Always keep cords and bead chains out of children's reach.
        - Move cribs, playpens, and other furniture away from cords and bead chains. Children can climb furniture to get to cords.
        - Attach tension device to wall or floor. This can prevent children from pulling cords and bead chains around their necks.
        Then at the bottom of the label there is the code ANSI/WCMA 5.2.4 which refers to a standard to do with cords/chains. You can see it at http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/legis...enetre-eng.php
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you Louise! Would you think it sensible to give customers a copy of something similar to accompany blinds made on battens with cords?

Comment

Probably as blinds with battens still have the cords knotted together at the acorn/weight which makes a loop of sorts.
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
            X