Using Blackout in Romans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Blackout in Romans

Hi I'm working on interlined romans plus blackout. i.e. face fabric, interlining, blackout and lining.

I'm wondering what stitch to use for side turns. I was going to use herringbone but would that make too many holes 'thru the blackout ? I remember reading posts before saying that you have to be careful with stitching on blackout as it can cause light bleed.

Any advice?

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Using Blackout in Romans

Order of fabrics on the table:
    • Face fabric[/*:m:1ci1ua45]
    • Blackout lining[/*:m:1ci1ua45]
    • Interlining[/*:m:1ci1ua45]
    • Sateen lining[/*:m:1ci1ua45]

Sides should be turned in as you would a hem on an interlined curtain - Herringbone the sides but do not go through the blackout lining or the face fabric, sew into the interlining only. Same with the hem, slip stitch going into the lining and interlining only.

Philip
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

How would stab stitching work (at eyelets on rod pockets) with blackout lining. Would the face fabric eventually sag without these stitches?

Comment

When it comes to stab stitching, this should be done under each pocket every 15cm or so, take up all 4 layers of fabric.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thanks Philip,

I don't believe I've been so stupid! I layed in the fabrics in as - face fabric, interlining,blackout,lining. It all makes sense now.....if the blackout is layed in between the face fabric and interlining then that makes it easy to stitch the side turns to interlining. The thing is, it has taken me ages to cut the interlining, blackout etc. measuring right angles and so on, folding in the side turns and hems. I'll have to start again.

Oh I hate Romans!!
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
          X