• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stab Stitch on roman blinds

Hello There

I have always made roman blinds by machining the lining across the
    rod pockets. I want to make one using the stab stitch method i have read on
    the website about this and just want to confirm i have it right

Is it like a running stitch with just a little stitch showing on the front and how far apart
    do i make the stitches

hope l don't sound to silly but i just want to confirm before i start

thank you all
    Marela

Re: Stab Stitch on roman blinds

I just stab stitch where the cord/ring/eyelete is just below the pocket. I usually pin the lining fabric and or interlining together at each point so that you can do tiny couple of stitches through the layers, but don't pull them to tightly or you get slight pucker marks on the facecloth.
    Janie

Comment

Hello Marela,

When I stab stitch I do individual stitches. I stitch at each ring. Start with your threaded needle (36s) at the back of the blind. Take your needle underneath the rod pocket in the lining and pass it through to the face of the blind. Pass the needle back through the blind to underneath the rod pocket, making a tiny stitch on the front of the blind. I pop a pin into the loop I've made to stop the stich being too tight. On the reverse of the blind, knot the two ends securely. You can either snip them off neatly or work the ends back into the lining.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help,
        l will let you know how i get on.

Marela

Comment

Thats a good tip Rosie, about the pin in the stitch. I will try that next time.

Thank you

Sas

Comment

Working...
          X