Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roman blind cord lock system

Hi,

After years of making roman blinds using a metal track with cord lock and adjustable cords, i have started to use a cord lock system with a chain on the side. I thought this looked better but it seems to be a right pain!

Can anyone tell me please the best way to adjust the length on the cords, i cant seem to keep the blind straight and level. I never had this problem with the cords because i could adjust them all in dividually before i put them in the cord connector. Should i cut the excess length cord off or leave in on the cassette on the head rail.

Thanks Louise

Re: roman blind cord lock system

Hi Louise.
    I am assuming the track you are talking about is one where the cord is wound onto cone shaped cassettes within the track housing itself? I use these much more often theses days and get my supplier (JSC Colchester) to provide the tracks ready cut and assembled, with the cord from the cassettes fully unwound. I then only cut the lengths of cord after placing the finished blind on the track and threading the cord through the eyelets / rings. Make sure you buy the tracks that contain a 'cord drop guide' underneath the cassette (usually a clear piece of plastic with a hole in it!) and dont try to pull the cord up without the blind attached as the lack of weight can cause a messy tangle with the cord within the track housing around the cone.
    Hope this helps, as I think these systems are pretty good.

Sas

Comment

Originally posted by louiserose
      Hi,

After years of making roman blinds using a metal track with cord lock and adjustable cords, i have started to use a cord lock system with a chain on the side. I thought this looked better but it seems to be a right pain!

Can anyone tell me please the best way to adjust the length on the cords, i cant seem to keep the blind straight and level. I never had this problem with the cords because i could adjust them all in dividually before i put them in the cord connector. Should i cut the excess length cord off or leave in on the cassette on the head rail.

Thanks Louise
      Hi Louise,
      I have used the system you refer to I think, it is a Silent Gliss type system with a spool type cord or ribbon carrier, I have used the cords on the spools, but find it much simpler to use a tape on these, a cord tends to over-run onto the spool and doesnt always take up at the same amount on each spool, this causes the blind the hang off true, sometimes it will pull up level sometimes not, on the other hand if you use a tape, it is usually 'spot on' .
      If you do use the spools, I find it best to load the cord ( or tape ) onto the spool, making sure that the spools are mounted onto the drive bar at EXACTLY the same position on each one, ie the cord is fastened onto the spool at the same point on EVERY spool., unwind the cord or tape, and measure down from the track to the bottom ring, add 5cms, and mark the cord/tape at this point on every tape or cord, tie a knot and this is the finished drop of the cord.
      I also use quick release rings on the bottom tape of each roman blind, this way the cord /tape can be run through the rings and just locked into the quick release ring at the bottom, cord adjustment after that is simple if it needs to be done, also makes removal of the blind easy for cleaning as the cord just have to be removed from the quick release rings at bottom and pulled out thru the rings, leaving them in the track for easy refitting.
      Hope this helps,
      the system I use is ACT 64.

Comment

Try using orbs to secure the cord, these are easily adjusted while the blind is hanging and really do make straightening out the cords simple. They can be purchased from Evans Textiles Ltd. You should also unwind all the cord / ribbon completely and cut off the excess once you're happy with the finished levels.

Never have a problem with my tracks and they are so easy to use. I can supply these tracks to anyone interested.

[attachment=0:2lyhp9it]cassette-roman-blind.jpg[/attachment:2lyhp9it]

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your help and answers, the blind kit i used is from Jones and co, i didnt know they came with eyelets etc under the cord cassettes, i will have to look at some others.

Louise

Comment

Hi,

I agree with Philip, the blind cord stoppers are a life saver. Instead of knotting the cord you simply leave a little extra thru the stopper and adjust on site. They are like little clear toggles that you can reach from the front of the blind.

Thanks

Dave

Comment

The Silent Gliss 2320 system from Silent Gliss is more user friendy that the tape spool 2020. It has cords that wrap around barrels at the top. The tape system is a real pain and I avoid using it because the tension on the ribbons can change and the blind hangs uneven.
              Karen Rhodes
              Karen Rhodes Design
              Pole Design

Comment

Is there anywhere else you can buy the clear cord stoppers or orbs supplied by Evans Textiles? I don't have a trade account with them as I am not a business.

Thanks
                Co
                Kind regards
                Colina

Comment

Originally posted by Schuhby
                  Try using orbs to secure the cord, these are easily adjusted while the blind is hanging and really do make straightening out the cords simple. They can be purchased from Evans Textiles Ltd. You should also work unwind the cord / ribbon completely and cut off the excess once you're happy with the finished levels.

Never have a problem with my tracks and they are so easy to use. I can supply these tracks to anyone interested.

[attachment=04h65lhr]cassette-roman-blind.jpg[/attachment4h65lhr]

Philip
                  These were the tracks I was rather hopelessely trying to describe!! I agree wholeheartedly Phillip - these are really simple to use and rarely use any other system these days.

Sas

Comment

Working...
                  X