interlined roman blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interlined roman blinds

When I made blinds before I hand stitched the lining to the blind across the channels following the pattern.
    How do I do this when I am using interlining? I wont be able to see the pattern on the inside.

Re: interlined roman blinds

I always pin the lining onto the blind through all the layers, at the points that I want to sew them together. I then hang it up to check that there is no puckering. As the blind is hanging into the middle of the room, I stand and stab stitch whilst it is hanging up.

I don't tend to trust the pattern, I always use my measurements instead.

Julie
    Julie

Comment

Thank you for that. Daft question but how do you manage to hang them up? Also when you stab stitch do you use continuous piece of thread?
      Mary

Comment

I have a false ceiling in my workshop that projects into the room by about 4ft. I have put velcro along the edge and hang the blinds up. I just put screw eyes into the wooden beam under the velcro and then I can make sure the blind works before I go and hang it. Once it is hanging I can walk right around it. I stab stitch individual stitches and fasten off before moving onto the next one. If the pattern is very busy I often just use a normal small running stitch 3 or 4 times in the same place which means I can just sit with it on my knee in front of the TV and you cannot see the slightly bigger stitch that it makes( I secure each stitch position with a safety pin after initially pinning & hanging)
        Julie
        Julie

Comment

I will have have a think about how I can hang up the blind. I work from home and am just starting up and sorting out a sewing room. I might get my husband to hold it up and pin in the meantime.
          Many thanks for your help.
          Mary

Comment

I have a normal curtain pole over the window, and hanging from it on big cup hooks, a batten with velcro and screw eyes in several places. It's more use for the front than the back of a blind, but I wouldn't be without it as you can stick your head round the back. It's not ideal as it's not permanently fixed, but would only take you minutes to make. I suppose you could put velcro on both sides, or just turn it round to have the back of the blind facing you.

Angie

Comment

Working...
            X