Interlined Romans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlined Romans

I have been asked to quote for four roman blinds for a long south/west facing window. To prevent the light showing 'thru. I thought of making up as follows :

Face Fabric
    Interlining
    Supersoft Blackout
    Evapure Standard Lining

Will this work o.k. I am a bit concerned that the 4 layers will be bulky ? Also, what spacing should be allowed between blinds ?

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Interlined Romans

In this instance would you consider

Fabric
    Bonded blackout interlining
    Lining.

I have done this in the past and also have some going thru the workroom at the moment. I know that alot of people here don't like using the stuff but I think the bonded blackout is ideal for this type of blackout blind.
    This is just my own personal opinion.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

You could try using bonded blackout interlining - one less layer to deal with. Just making my first two romans with this and am really pleased with the results. I'm using the one sold by M&D and it seems to be very soft & flexible.

If the blinds are to sit alongside each other on a straight wall, I would almost (but not quite) butt them up to each other. But if they'll be at an angle to each other, you'll need to work out the angle and allow enough space for the header batten & the thickness of the finished blinds. A couple of pieces of card are useful for working this out.
      Jane

Comment

Thank you for your replies, Penny and Jane. I have used the bonded interlining before on romans and thought it worked well. What I didn't realise.... until I read your replies, is that the bonded interlining is made in blackout too. This is what I will use, thank you !

Cat
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Working...
        X