Double layered roman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double layered roman?

I have just been asked to make a roman blind from the main fabric, and then a voile roman that can be lowered seperately behind the main blind. The main blind also needs to be able to be lowered as normal. Is it possible to put the two on one wooden batten, and how do you stop them getting in the way of each other?

Julie
    Julie

Re: Double layered roman?

http://www.toso.com/news/images/0701_13.jpg

Comment

Hi there,
      If the blind is going outside the recess, and it isn't too wide, you could use two battens.The outer one for the fabric roman blind, would need to be deeper, ie like a shelf, and the second one, for the voile, would sit underneath it, and wouldn't need to be so deep, also, slightly lower that the front one,so neither should interfer with each other.
      You could perhaps put a shallow pelmet with returns around the top of the main blind to hide the side on view,( in which case you would need one shelf and two battens,) or you could attach rotary tracks to the battens with universal wall/ceiling brackets, but it may not look as good at the sides.
      Hope this helps, and makes sense......Its getting late
      Kind Regards, Helen

Comment

Would your client consider a rotary track? There are some advertised as specifically made for this purpose.....

Day and night track

I think Rufflette also make a system they call Zante.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks everyone for that info. I probably will have a go at the two battons, mainly because the voile underneath will not be as long as the main blind due to lack of fabric. I think I may order one of the day & night tracks to practice on for future reference.
          I've not given it much thought today due to my 19 year old son being airlifted to hospital after falling 25ft whilst Gyhll scrambling in Borrowdale this afternon. After initial reports of head injuries and fractures he is now safely home with only two possible fractured wrists and many cuts and bruises. It puts things into perspective when things like this happen and after going through all the worst possible scenarioes whilst waiting for news, I am so grateful to have him home and safely tucked up in bed!!

Julie
          Julie

Comment

Dear God, Julie, I thought I'd had a baddish day. I've got a 19year old, too, and I fuss horribly and invisibly when he's out with his mates doing nothing so adventurous.

I do hope the possibles turn out to be nothing but scares. I can only too imagine the day you've had. You want them to go and do things, but you'd much rather they didn't.

Comment

Hi there,
              yes ditto the above, they never stop getting up to mischief do they, I too, have two sons a bit older that your's.
              I wish him a speedy recovery.

regards, Helen

Comment

Julie - best wishes to you all and hopefully you are looking forward to a speedy recovery.
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Trying to avoid the work I should be doing...!......found this where a lady describes (with photos) how she made double romans on a batten.

double romans
                  Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Louise,
                    thanks so much for posting that interesting little video on making top down roman blinds.I should be doing quotes, but have got totally way-laid watching the videos
                    regards, Helen

Comment

Thanks for the replies - Matthew is doing well and I feel so relieved - today is a very good day!!
                      I like the way the two systems work on the same batten - very good photos to illustrate how it works.

Julie
                      Julie

Comment

Working...
                      X