Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home-safe chain/cord controllers

Hi there,

Chain-cord controllers, what does everyone think about them??? I've just bought a load from Jones, as I think they might be a safer option for the rotary roman-blind chain units, to help stop children getting caught up in/playing with the chains. I think we may have talked about this before on the forum but can't find out where...
    Kind regards,
    Helen

Re: Home-safe chain/cord controllers

If you do a quick search with the word safety in the roman blind section there are various discussions......

I always point out the safety angle of blinds with cords (roman or roller) and offer a safety clip as an option. Some suppliers can give you a stated breaking weight for the chains they use, and can supply safety labels to attach to your blinds before delivery if you want to.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Louise,
      Thanks for that,
      Helen

Comment

Here is another option - a style I hadn't seen before with various fixing options.

Safety device

Other suppliers of similar clips include Decorquip (no web site at the moment), Merrick & Day, Jones and Blinds etc.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you, Loiuse. I've been looking for something just like that.

Cat
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hi Helen
            I use the bead controllers from Jones and have done for a long time. I find they work extremley well.
            I fit them as standard to all my blinds which are supplied on a head rail. I do not give my customers a choice I explain the risk of strangulation to small children and that there have even been fatalities from the chains.
            I think that some kind of control mechanism will become law very shortly.
            I will also be adding something about the mechanisms to my T's&C's shortly as recommended by Tam!
            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

what are bead controllers please

Comment

It's a little box that fits onto the chain of a rotary header for a roller or roman blind and then it's screwed to the wall. It's designed to stop small children from getting caught up in the chain and strangling themselves. It's a good idea to use rotary headers with the bead controllers (safety box) rather than using a batten with eyelets, cords & a cleats when putting blinds anywhere where there are young children.
                Jane

Comment

I thought Decozo members may find the information from the British Blinds & Shutters Association useful regarding the child safety aspects concerning blinds
                  of all types. On their website they have a very informative section on the Make it safe Campaign and you can download a brochure. Aparently, at the end of this week all the current B.B.S.A. guidelines will be available. They provide leaflets, swing tickets etc.

http://www.bbsa.org.uk/

Cat
                  Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Thanks for that, Cat. I know of the BBSA, but hadn't thought of looking at their website for any safety details. I will print off some leaflets and hand them to customers
                    Kind regards
                    Pen Harrison
                    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Thanks for that Cat - a very useful leaflet.

BBSA safety leaflet.
                      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi!
                        Does onyone keep stock of the Pretty frills 'Cord Safety Device' and would be willing to sell me 1 pack? Pretty frills want to charge me £4.95 for delivery!. I already have some of the triangle shaped safety devices but this type would suit the position of my next roman blind better.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X