Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminium rods

Hi
    I wonder if anyone can suggest a source for (affordable) aluminium rods suitable for roman blinds. I've been to B&Q and found some anodized 6mm tube which would have been perfect but didn't come longer than 1m and was hideously expensive (I need 133cm and 106cm). I've also tried some metal suppliers but ran into problems with minimum order size and expensive delivery costs. Also I was a bit worried that unless it's anodized the aluminium might stain the fabric and I understand it's difficult to paint - anyone had any experience with aluminium rods?
    Thanks
    Jill

Re: Aluminium rods

Can't help you I'm afraid but I was wondering if there's any particular reason why you want aluminium rods for your roman blinds?
    Jane

Comment

The blinds are going to be quite wide/heavy and I'd prefer to have fewer cords so thought I'd give aluminium rods a try as they would be relatively stiff and light. I'll use fibreglass if I have to (I've always used wooden dowel in the past, but it's time consuming to cut and hard to get nice straight pieces), but I read somewhere on here you can get aluminium rods and fancied giving them a try!
      Jill

Comment

Jones Interiors supply them (trade only) http://www.jones-interiors.com/blind...nd_Systems.pdf go to page 90.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

We us 6mm wood dowel. You can get it from most builders merchants for about 80p+ vat each if you haggle. The DIY sheds will charge you a lot more. These are good for blinds upto just over 240cm and are stiff enough not to require too many rings. For blinds over 240cm we have used aluminium tilt rods from vertical blinds, though it can be difficult to buy separately.

Phil

Comment

You can buy 5mm aluminium blind rods in 3 metre lengths, they are used for wider blinds. I can supply if anyone wants them in packs of 25 or 100.

Philip
            Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Gill

I have just been sent some 6mm aluminium rod samples from a company called ACT based in Stockport. These are available in 3m and 6m lengths.

If this is any help just pm and I will give you the details.

Regards
              Anita

Comment

Hello Anita,

What a fantastic site. The only thing I can't find are the aluminium rods. Can you post the link to that bit please?

Comment

Hi Everyone
                  Don't know about aluminium rods, but I get fibre glass rods and aluminium bars for my roman blinds from Merrick and Day if that helps, they are great and have been able to make larger blinds with no problem with the channels sewn into the lining method and they look very profesh!!!!!

smiley

Comment

Thanks all for the replies. I'm probably going to get them from Anita's contacts at ACT in Stockport - they couldn't have been more helpful and are willing to supply in the small quantity I need for a reasonable price (can't justify buying in bulk just now - but thanks for the info Phil and Louise!)
                    Cheers
                    Jill

Comment

Working...
                    X