weight of romans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weight of romans

I have made two romans recently, both fairly sustantial fabric, blackout lined and 200cm wide. One has been back twice to be 'fiddled' with and now they both need to come back again. Customer is being fine with this, but I do get the feeling that they are too heavy for the tape as I used a standard headrail. Have just done one 276cm wide and used the headrail for heavier blinds......this one weighed in at 6kg! So, the other two are coming back and going onto a new headrail as I have run out of ideas.
    Do others use the heavier headrail as standard on wide blinds or ones that have blackout / interlining just to avoid this scenario????

Enid

Re: weight of romans

What is happening to them? Have you seen them is situ?

As far as I'm aware, the blind will put the same amount of weight per cm of velcro, regardless of how wide it is....... Is it an issue with the blind being pulled up rather than the velcro?

Comment

I have seen the first one, its already been back to me as it was just not pulling into its folds nicely at all. The second appears to be the same, and its lying squint. I really feel that they are too heavy for the tape, actually felt that the tape on the first one had stretched, so think that I shall just get the corded ones and be done. there are other romans in the same fabric but smaller and there is no problem with those.

I was just wondering what those makers with lots of roman blind experience might do as its definately not the velrco, Rosie.

Enid

Comment

Enid, have you checked that the tapes are perfectly vertical when the blind is down, if one of these is slightly out of line it will create the issues you mention.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi Enid. Although it sounds obvious, perhaps the tape lengths are a little uneven? It has happened to me - the blind looked great when in the workroom, but hung up at the window it sloped slightly with uneven folds. The answer was to make a slight adjustment to one of the tapes (and if I remember rightly it was a centre one!!). I was using cord adjusters at the time so it was a fairly simple exercise to do it on site. I have to say, I began to dislike the tape in the end - mainly because it was too wide for the eyelets that I punch into the rod pockets, and I prefer the 'cone' type cassets that the cord runs on as opposed to the tape cassets which I seemed to have endless trouble with.
          Hope you can sort it out quickly.
          Sas

Comment

Working...
          X