eyelets on roman blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyelets on roman blinds

hi just wondered if anybody uses little eyelet holes on the back of roman blinds instead of using sew on rings or tape ,i have got a really fussy customer hopefully about to place an order for a whole house so i want to do the job as well as poss and i think blind fashions do their romans like this it looked really nice , where would i get little eyelets from and the tool for puttin them on ? thanxs

Re: eyelets on roman blinds

Hi alic
    I have an eyelet punch that puts in 5mm eyelets. Mine came from Jones and Co of Nottingham. Its not a cheap piece of equipment but does do the job. Just another little tip, when I put eyelets into rod pockets sewn into lining I insert a strip of buckram about 1cm wide butted up to the fold before sewing the pocket across the width. Its something an Interior Designer wanted me to do to stop the eyelets from pulling out. It does give a nice finish.
    Hope that helps
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

hi penny thankyou for your help i have an account with jones so have managed to get an eyelet put-er-in-er and cant wait to have a go thanx again ali x

Comment

No worries hope it all goes well.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Alic - do you mind me asking how much Jones' eyelet punch is? Was thinking of getting one if it's not too expensive as I do quite a lot of blinds but, naturally, they won't give me a price till I open an account, which isn't worth me doing if the punch is too pricey.
          Cheers
          Jane

Comment

Hi,

I use the draper tool which was not very expensive. It Takes 4 mm eyelets or larger. I have just had some samples from VM masson to try. They have arrived and look OK. Do you need an account for Jones?
            Jane 2!

Comment

Hello...

You do, I have an account with Jones Buttons.. If you want a single item I'll get it for you, saves you on p&P as they deliver to me on a Friday for free if I order.

You can buy these things off of ebay, Jones eyelet tool is over £40! It's only a draper tool..

Philip
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

My draper tool was under £20.00 from the local tool shop. Eyelets from V.M masson work well with it.

Comment

Working...
                X