roman blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roman blind

a box bay window treatment no curtains , one large facing to at right angles either side. the frame is about 8cm wide then the wall carries on for about 50cm into the room. pratically inline with the frame. (i suggested to come out a little-customer felt they should end where the frame ends.- but after coming away i was thinking wouldnt the blind look a bit unsightly at the side- as you will see the track and have a side view of it. any suggestions.(also for the corner part facing to side blind- is it better to have a certain gap to allow for the head rail or is it bettery to overlap the blinds

Re: roman blind

Could u fit a pelmet or a swag to hide the mechanism of the blind from the side
    Regards
    Mairi

Comment

i could do a pelmet thats a thought thank you

Comment

Dee - If you are considering pelmets why not consider an attached valance which can then be folded round the outside vertical edges of the two outside blinds where the gaps are. If the valance is pleated or gathered then there will be enough fullness in it to accommodate the necassary expansion required to accommodate the bulk of the blinds when they are lifted. The two outside vertical edges of the valance are drawn around the gaps and secured with hook and loop tape to a small vertical batten screwed to the frame or the wall. The valance could then be made in one piece for the whole bay and secured to the tops of the blinds with hook and loop tape making it really easy to remove for maintenance or cleaning. This is a great way to dress any bay because you don't see any gaps in the dressing at the top and the blinds can be made to pull right up under the valance.Very neat.

Comment

this sounds logical and a clever way. (customer has a box bay, wants romans, but now im getting slightly nervous as i know she would beable to see this rotary track. ) so im thinking of solutions so it doesnt look messy- this sounds like a good alternative i make an attached pelmet to the top of the blind and velcro it to the sides-sounds good thank you.

Comment

Not a pelmet Dee - Dont try to sell it as a pelmet. That is something different. What you could create here is something soft and flowing and would reduce the hard lines of the blinds and the sqare bay.

What about a simple pencil pleat valance if the customer wants to break up the hard line of the square bay or if she prefers a crisper line you could consider a more elegant box pleat valance with a contrast edging. You can steal the contrasting colour from the other furnishings in the room or the wall coverings so that it feels at home there. Try to remember also that when the blinds are drawn up beneath it the valance will need to stand alone as a window treatment so don't make it stingy.

Comment

thank you its a good alternative and i will give it some thought this evening thank you

Comment

Working...
              X