Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with rings please

Hi

I am just about to sew on my plastic rings. I have made the blinds without inserting rods at each fold, only one at the bottom. They are not very big blinds and being a beginner I thought this was easier. Now, the question is, do I sew the rings to both the lining and the fabric, or just the lining?

Hope someone can help.

Lisa

Re: Help with rings please

I haven't yet made a blind without rods on each of the folds. I would make up with a rod and stitch a ring at regular intervals across the blind on each of the rods.......

Can I ask why you decided not to use rods?

Comment

Hi Rosie

I made them without as this was the first time I had made them and this seemed easier. Also, they are only for show and will not be used. I am beginning to think I should have put rods in but I assume its too late now!! Not sure whether to sew rings threw both lining and fabric as not really sure how the blind works. No doubt if I do it wrong I will know when I hang it up!! Really, really want to have done a good job, but seemed to be fast losing confidence.

Lisa

Comment

Hello

If you're making soft fold blinds you should sew the rings through all fabrics.

Philip
        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you Philip.

Will have to get the cotton and thread out again tomorrow!!!!

Lisa

Comment

Yep, catch the face fabric, or it'll fall down. I love soft fold romans, they remind me of sails, no idea why.

Comment

Working...
            X