measuring a bay window for romans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• measuring a bay window for romans

measuring a bay window, no problem. i have only done a box bay once. and i did have to alter the blinds. one of my early jobs. ( now ive got another box bay.- i know they can overlap at the sides. or have a small gap in corners if the window paynes are nice and wide. (what deductions should i make these blinds. yes i can do one normal one in the middle ignoring the sides, but then what should i deduct to allow for the sides in each case.

Re: measuring a bay window for romans

Do you mean a window like this?

[attachment=0]blinds.jpg[/attachment]
    Regards
    Mairi

Comment

no its a box bay one small window about 60cm on one side, one centre about 230 on inside and one side on the other side 60cm wide.(

Comment

So are the side windows at right angles to the centre
        Regards
        Mairi

Comment

yes marie, sorry for the delay. just got children to sleep, and had to unwind a bit. bits one of those 90 degree angles like a box without a front

Comment

Hi Dee

The measurements will depend on several things.
            Normally I would make the central blinds to the full width, and then make the side ones the measured length, less the space taken up by the larger blind. However, this all depends on whether there are window handles that stick out too far meaning extension brackets will need to be used on the hardware (thus altering the position and space taken up by the blinds). This scenario will also mean that the gaps you are experiencing may be bigger and because of this you may want to reverse the above blind placing as sometimes frames on these window types are not always identical. I hope this makes sense!

Sas

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
              X