roman blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roman blind

Has anyone come across an insructional video on making a roman blind.
    Ursula

Re: roman blind

I know Maureen Whitemore does videos the ones I have go back to the 1990's so they are really out of date. Methods of making and styles have evolved since then.

I am sure there are experienced folk here that will be able to enlighten you as to how they tackle their blinds.

Eileen.

Comment

Thanks Eileen,

I've made a few roman blinds, but just from picking up little bits here and there, and everytime I attempt to make another I'm lost as to how to space the tape at the back.

I have one on the table as we speak - material and lining together. It's 50" finish length and I've pencil drawn the lines at the back. 4 x 11" apart and 1 x 6" for the bottom. I'm using a bought track. As it's for myself it doesn't matter if it's not correct but for future I'd like to learn the proper way of constructing and spacing etc., and if there was a video it certainly makes it easier to see how than to read instructions.

Ursula

Comment

Hello Ursula
        I would suggest that you get hold of a copy of the Merrick and Day book "Blinds, Curtains and Cushions".
        It has everything that you need to know about making Roman blinds even how to work out the correct spacings.
        It also has some excellent pictures inside to illustrate the contrauction and fiiting aspects.

I think there is a link on this forum to their web site.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Thanks Penny,

I sent away for the Encyclopedia of Curtains last week, should have ordered the one you suggested. Will order it this week, as I'll defo need it in the future.

Ursula

Comment

You won't regret having both of those books...they are a must ...
            Good luck!
            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
            X