roman blind facade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roman blind facade

Hi has anyone ever used the roman blind facade. I used it for the first time on two roman blinds outside recess and they looked stunning. The only place i have found them is jones they are a bit pricey so just wondered if anyone has used them and where they bought them from.
    Karen

picture http://www.jones-interiors.com/blind_sy ... ystems.pdf

Re: roman blind facade

Hi Karen,
    I've made a sample one, but from Jones. Do you have pics of your finished blinds?
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Karen,
      The facade does look really nice - how does it attach to the roman blind track?

Rosannagh
      Rosannagh

Comment

They look interesting - could you give me an idea of what they cost?
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Here is a picture
          [attachment=0:3pdw8msc]facade.jpg[/attachment:3pdw8msc]

Comment

To attach you use upside down L shaped brackets, they attach to the wall and to the top of the facade. (they are then concealed behind the blind)
            I attached the blind first and then positioned the facade and marked were the brackets were to go then fitted (well my husband did, he says its quite straight forward to anybody use to putting up poles and blinds).

They are quite expensive as the rail only comes in 1.8mt or 3mt lengths so you do end up with quite a bit spare,
            a 1.8mt bit including finials costs approx £60-00 inc the VAT (Trade Price) + Delivery

So you can see if you only want a small piece you are going to be paying over £70 all in.

Karen

Comment

Hi Karen
              I have had a facade sitting in my workroom for many months waiting to have a blind or plemet attached to it.
              Your blinds look very nice, I really must get round to making something to go into mine for my showroom.
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Thanks for the info - I have taken a look at the Jones website and it looks like you can buy this in component form so I guess you could use one pole length for several jobs by buying extra finials and brackets......
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I have several of those around my house and just LOVE them. Mine were a gift from a South African lady who has set up a curtain making business in the UK.

Comment

I have a potential customer who likes the roman blind facade. She would like two roman blinds outside recess these are on the same wall but there are patio doors in the middle she would like a curtain pole with triple pleat curtains. This is where my problem starts as jones dont do a pole to match the facade, there poles are from a different company so the colours may not match. Any ideas please
                    Karen.

Comment

Hi Hendy,
                      The Jones Facade come in two finishes, stained and unfinished. Perhaps you could pick a finish,then choose a pole with the same colourways, (mix and match).
                      I often do this, just gives a different look. If you have an account with Jones , give them a ring, I'm sure they could come up with some useful suggestions.
                      Kind Regards. Helen

Comment

Why not buy unfinished facade and an unfinished pole (as long as from similar wood) and paint/stain to match?
                        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I adore mine so much (couldn't find any anywhere on the web when I was given them). Am seriously thinking of producing them (or getting them made) to order. Would I have takers here? Market research...........

Comment

Yes I think I would be interested if there were a choice of styles.
                            I am sure another post I went on talks about cutting poles in half lengthways and doing a similar thing with them. I will try and find it.

Julie
                            Julie

Comment

Hi
                              I have bought unfinished poles and finials and sent them to cameron fuller who are going to dye them to match a pole so i have facade and poles the same i should receive them this week
                              Karen

Comment

Working...
                              X