MocK Roman Blind Make-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MocK Roman Blind Make-up

I have been asked to make a Roman Blind which will be fixed to dress the top of some French doors 240cm wide. I have thought to make this like a regular Roman blind, with only three sections, which will give a bottom section where a trim is required and one rod pocket to create one fold. Instead of running cords through the eyelets on the batten to a wall cleat which won't be used, I imagine I can tie the cord from the rod pocket ring and tie it off at the screw eyelet. Does this sound O.K.? Any feedback from previous experiences would be very much appreciated....thank you.

Re: MocK Roman Blind Make-up

It sounds as if you are thinking along the right lines.....I would consider making it a little longer as it is to hang at doors though, perhaps one or two more folds. I have made a couple of these and as you suggest, simply tied the cords to the eyelets at the top to hold the panel in the raised position.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Re: MocK Roman Blind Make-up

I would also make it with two or three folds, to be more realistic looking, and tie the rings together at the back.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
      X