Taffeta Roman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taffeta Roman

I have to make an interlined Roman out of a very smooth, shiny taffeta (vienna from Hallis Hudson) I cannot decide which would look best (or worst) stab stiches which will be very obvious or stitching lines which will at least be regular. Does anyone have any ideas?

Julie
    Julie

Re: Taffeta Roman

I'm afraid I'd rather go with the stab stitches. I really couldn't bear to see lines of machine stitching, having gone to the trouble of hand making.

Comment

I'm with Rosie on this one. Always stab stitch it is much more professional.
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

I would interlock the interlining along the rows where the rods will go and then interlock the lining in the same place - I've done it several times and it shows much less than stab stitching and works well.
        Janie

Comment

Yes I agree with Janie. I use stab stitching as well on the bottom row to avoid too much stress being put on the face fabric where the rings are, otherwise interlocking with stitches about 3-4" apart along the rod pockets.

I have stab stitched silky blinds like this before, and I find they end up looking a bit quilted with the stab stitches. Although this is exactly how the Pret a Porter company make them, as I saw them at the Ideal Home last year.

Sue.

Comment

I've just completed a silk blind using this method. 140 x 112 cm Is anyone willing to tell me how much to charge. It was clients own fabric so no profit margin there I just need an idea of actual labour (I can't work out how long I took cos I was back & forth to it this week...son on school holidays & Hubbie on annual leave.Don't know who interrupted me the most
            Regards
            Mairi

Comment

Did it have joins, in the fabric, lining etc and what sort of track, or covered batten.
              Helen

Comment

No it has no joins (only 112 wide) 3 blind rods, cord locking track. I have no probs charging for the sundries just the labour which like I said was frequently interupted so no real idea how long I took plus being the first I have done like this would have taken longer than expected.
                Regards
                Mairi

Comment

Hi there,
                  I would probably charge somewhere in the region of £ 160-175, but that would include a covered batten and 4-5 rod pockets.Hope that this helps.
                  Helen

Comment

Really Helen?

How do you calculate your roman blind making up costs?

Where are you based?

Comment

Working...
                    X