Eyelets on Roman Blind Rod Pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelets on Roman Blind Rod Pockets

I have been experimenting with using very small eyelets on my rod pockets( I saw them usedc on LA blinds) I make the pockets 2.5 cm wide, then stich a 1cm channel for the rod pocket, leaving 1.5cm for the eyelet to be inserted. They draw up really well and look very neat. I am, however having to hammer the eyelets together and wondered if there was a device that could be used instead. Does anyone else use this method?
    Julie
    Julie

Re: Eyelets on Roman Blind Rod Pockets

Hi Julie,
    I've seen blinds like this, but not made them. Most small eyelet sets come with a fixing tool, or else you should be able to buy one separately from the eyelet supplier.
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Julie we make our more expensive roman blinds this way i think they look lovely and pull up really well we purchased our eyelet put -er-in-er from jones ,once you get the knack of doing them they dont take long ,actually probably quicker than sewing on rings
      onI another subject does anybody do quilting i have just started amd am hooked on it the fabrics from moda are just SCRUMMY

Comment

Used to do quilting but haven't had time for a few years now. I found the New Sampler Quilt book by Lynne Edwards very useful when I started.
        Jane

Comment

Julie you may find the post below of interest.

Eyelets in roman blinds
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Hi there

I put eyelets into roman blind pockets using a 5mm eyelet press I bought from Streets. It isn't cheap but in my opinion worth it. the eyelet press does have to be on a very stable flat surface as the eyelets can split if there is any unexpected movement. It produces such a quick professional finish that I can never return to sewing on rings!

Sas

Comment

Ebay item: 150324841378

Do you think this would be suitable? If so, I think I'll get one.

Comment

that is very cheap, i would be interested to know if its suitable too.....

Comment

Hi

I really need to try this, I have the tool for it, just haven't got round to it yet!! I hate sewing on rings too. Will have a go next week.
                  K W Designs
                  Bournemouth

Comment

Hello Kathy,

Which tool do you have, please?

Comment

Hi there

I have read the thread and would like to have a go at doing
                      a roman blind in this way.
                      I have found a eyelet punch on the web would someone tell me if this is worth buying

http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/210mm-INTE ... -Draper-HP

Thnak you
                      Marela

Comment

Hi Marela, I have one of these because I too wanted to use eyelets instead of plastic rings however the punch is not sharp enough to punch through the lining fabric. It looks great through card, and I used it to punch through faux leather for my sons book-day viking costume but when punching through lining it just pushed it through the hole and snagged it a bit

I'd love to know if anyone else has had success with this though.

Kim
                        Kim

Comment

Dear Alic,
                          Did you means Jones & Co from Nottingham? - I have looked on the web-site, but am not sure what I am looking for. Some members have mentioned Draper Tools but I am struggling to find one. Are they similar to the bigger eyelet punches that are used for eyelet headed curtains? Do you use a similar rod pocket size to the one I use, and do you ever have problems with them coming out?
                          Julie
                          Julie

Comment

I bought a draper punch and have had the same problem as Kim in that it doesn't seem to be sharp enough to go through the lining fabric. Also the eyelets don't seem to be quite right - can't get them to close properly.
                            Jane

Comment

The eyelet gun I bought from Jones and Co was around £50 and inserts 5mm eyelets it is on the pricey side but certainly does the job.
                              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
                              X