Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal lining in Roman

Hi all,

I'm going to see a customer on Thursday about a Roman blind for their hall. She has said that it's quite a drafty window so if it could be lined with something to help keep out the drafts it would be good. I was just wondering what you think would be best - should I buy thermal lining or just use normal interlining sandwiched between the face fabric and the lining? I'm thinking that "normal" interlining might work best but I don't have a lot of experience in the world of interlining and thermals so hopefully someone can help me decide!

Thanks
    Sue

Re: Thermal lining in Roman

Hi Sue

I would put Thermal Lining sandwiched between, as the customer is wanting Thermal Lining. I get quite a few jobs from the shop to put thermal lining in, Its a bit softer to Black out, well to the black out they use.

Thats in my opinion.

kathy
    K W Designs
    Bournemouth

Comment

Hi there,
      yes I use thermal lining all the time on the back of roman blinds, I think it looks great, gives more body to the blind, and obviously acts as insulation, I either make the rod pockets from the lining, or make seperate pockets from ordinary lining and sew on,( more work though !) I also use the 260 gm domette from M&D if the window is really cold and draughty . I think it gives a nice look to the blinds. I get the thermal lining from Jones Interiors,in colour cream,150grm, crease resistant, 137 wide, but I think you have to buy 50 mts at the time. I also use it for curtains if I am not interlining. Hope this helps. kind regards,
      Helen

Comment

I use FR interlining from Edmund Bell. Because of the treatment it gets, it comes out very tightly woven and quite firm. It is not fluffy or bulky and holds it's shape really well . You could probably use this along with thermal lining. The other advantage is that it will not shrink.
        Julie
        Julie

Comment

Thank you all for your help and advice! The customer has chosen quite a light, silky fabric so I have decided to adopt the belt and braces approach - thermal lining on the back and a layer of domett between that and the face fabric.

Thanks again
          Sue

Comment

Working...
          X