evans tracks spool problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evans tracks spool problem

Hi I have been using Evans tracks for many years, over the last few months I have had trouble with the spools making a loud clicking noise, its normally only one spool. I use the set size tracks with the lever to hold the spools in place. I have spoken to Evans who have said Im not clicking the lever on the spool down properly but I have been using the tracks for ages so I think I know how to do them by now plus ive had about 10 tracks do this on different batches. Anyone else been having problems and worked out what it is. Thank you

I don't use Evans tracks myself......but have you got time to try a process of elimination next time you get a clicking one? Take all the spools off the axle then replace them one at a time to try and identify the clicking one then see if you can spot any anomaly? Perhaps you've already done this and are none the wiser.

I'll be interested to see if anyone can shed any light on this as things like it frustrate me until I can get to the bottom of it. I use Jones tracks and a few years ago they had a batch of screws on the gear mechanism which were fractionally too long. If you tightened them properly the tip of the screw pushed against the axle and stopped it turning!
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

hi louise, yes i normally can identify which one it is but can never see an issue with it, I normally swap over a spool and it corrects it but ive ended up with a track with no spools on it now . Do jones do set sizes or just made to measure?

Comment

So frustrating!

Jones do set sizes, components, or a cut to length service where you can also customise chain finish, spool ratio, left/right operation etc. They also have the pull-out wheel safety mechanism. I use the cut to length all the time as I do not have storage to hold stock of tracks or components.

You can see a bit more information here https://www.jones-interiors.com/blind-cassette-system/ or their catalogue (without prices) is online here https://www.jones-interiors.com/product-guide/305/
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
        X