Cords pulling out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cords pulling out

I've just finished a house for a customer - 2 hours away from me - and her roman blind cords are pulling out. The cords aren't even holding when she pulls the blind up without over pulling. Tbh I'm not sure if I'm using Evans orbs and I'm happy to change them if I'm not but surely there can't be that much difference?
    Does anybody have any up to date methods of stopping the cord pulling through? Nearly all of the tracks are 1:4 as the blinds are long and interlined (thus fairly heavy) so I can't put a stop in the chain.
    I've tried threading a double piece of cord through the orb to see if that holds firmer.
    If I buy the 76444 from Evans can I then tie a knot under the orb and if so how does this make it compliant? Surely the cord is still going to get stuck under the orb and create a danger?
    Obviously I can't just nip down to this customer and she has a 9 month old baby so safety is going to be paramount - so any advice would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Jacqui
    Quarndon Curtain Design

Hi Jacqui - I would definitely check you have the right orbs as I use the 1:4 Evans tracks when I need to supply long/heavy blinds (supplied each time with orbs included) and haven't ever had this problem. Maybe even a bad batch of orbs?????

I think you can knot under the orbs if you use the Evans breakaway devices on the bottom two rods instead of rings, but I would double check with Evans. It's discussed in this post

https://www.mydecozo.co.uk/forum/gen...ords-releasing
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Yes you can knot the cords if you use the safety devices on the bottom 2 rods.
      There used to be a video on their website demonstrating the use of these breakaways, but I can’t find it now.
      Jane

Comment

Is it this one on Youtube Jane?

Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I had this with a few heavy blinds so now I make the space between cord drops less than I used to on all my blinds which seems to have solved the problem. I also use the butterfly breakaways so I can knot under the orb. You can put them on all the pockets not just the bottom two if you prefer. I think if you add one or two cord drops to your problem blind it will solve the problem.

Comment

Louise
            Yes, that’s the one!

Comment

Working...
            X